Sunday, October 11, 2009

Messing with Stuff...

After practicing this relay a bunch more the other night, we noticed a serious problem. Sadly, we were wrongsiding at least 75-80% of all the contracts. In an effort to reduce this, we have swapped the Direct and Delayed bids, so that majors are bid directly now. This means that we don't always wrongside when responder has ♥s. Of course after swapping this we still wrongsided a lot of NT contracts, but it was much better than before. This will probably be permanately changed, unless we find a good reason not to.

Another thing we were having trouble with was our slam bidding. Our methods for showing controls etc... Are to say the least, not very efficient. I think we need to switch this also, but I am debating about what we should switch it to. Denial Cue Bids or something similar is what I am thinking. Does anyone have a link to anything on this, or have another reccomendation?

I am still working on the notes and I suppose after I finish entering all the relays, I'll add a link to the new system notes, which will still probably be changing daily. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment